Here’s the thing…I think this is a pretty neat idea. Me, you and everyone we know is welcome to post a list of holiday ‘wishes’…and then me, you and everyone we know is welcome grant those wishes. Some of my wishes are for real actual things that cost real actual money. If, for any reason, you want to send me something, you can contact me here. If not, no worries. We can still be friends. But do check out some of the other wish lists that I’ve linked to at the bottom of this post. Maybe you can grant a wish for someone else.
Essin’ Em started this super groovy holiday tradition, and here are her guidelines, taken from her site:
- Make a post to your blog, tumblr, facebook, myspace, what have you. The important thing is to make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want and that people can see the post.
- If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it’s your address or just an email address at which you can be contacted by potential wish-grantors, real or imaginary.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your post, so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friends list/blogroll/RSS feeds (or friends friends, or just random places ) to see who has posted their list.
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it’s in your heart to do so, make someone’s wish come true. Sometimes someone’s trash is another’s treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don’t want or a gift certificate you won’t use–or even know where you could get someone’s dream purebred Basset Hound for free–do it.
You needn’t spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn’t to put people out, it’s to provide everyone a chance to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not–it’s your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just…wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you’ll have the joy of knowing you made someone’s holiday special.
So…here goes…my wish list. A big fat thank you in advance if you decide to grant a wish for me or someone else this holiday season.
- I want, more than any other sex-related-anything on this list, a Zeppelin Cocoon by Liberator in that pretty turquoise color that they no longer carry. I know there have to be a few floating around out there somewhere. -Someone found one for me! Yay! I’ll be reviewing the shit out of it as soon as I get it!
- A Crystal Delights Plug. Specifically the small, in blue.
- An Esse Chaise in charcoal.
- A Fleshlight for the boyfriend. An interesting texture would be lovely.
- Books. About sexuality. About anything. I am always up for new reading material. The two most recent books I read were John Dies at the End and Eating Animals…in case you want something to go on.
- Any awesome (or awesomely bad) parody porn. It’s a weakness.
- Super yummy, super healthy recipes. I am trying to get in shape and drop some excess poundage. But I fucking love eating fucking delicious food.
- Prayers, happy thoughts, well wishes (whatever you’re into) for my pup and the boyfriend’s little boy.
- Link to and/or follow A Bedroom Blog. It would make me super happy. But only if you really think I’m awesome.
- If you are planning on doing some sexy shopping this holiday season, go ahead and use those banners on the right to get to where you wanna go. If you buy something that way, I get a little bit of Christmas money…and every little bit helps.
- Enter my Chrismukkah giveaway. We both win. Well…maybe. You get a chance to win, anyway.
- You can find my EdenFantasys wish lists here. That’s just in case you really, really wanna buy me something, but can’t spring for any of those super pricey things I listed ( I have expensive tastes…sometimes).
- Grant a wish (or two) for one of these lovely folk -
*Do tell if you have posted a wish list and don’t see your name up there. Send me a link and I’ll check it out and see what I can do to help out